I've been working on a friend's wedding invitations and wanted to show you how they turned out. This gatefold design is so pretty and elegant, but I do have to say they do take some time to complete. In the end my friend (the bride) is very happy with them and they were fun to do.
The invite inside the die-cut wrapping is removable. Here's of photo of just the gatefold wrap. The base and the sides have been die cut.
The design uses three different die cutting sets. Below are the instructions including sizes of the finished invitation.
Here's what you need:
- White cardstock - cut 1, 5 x 7, cut 1, 6 3/8 x 4 1/8, and cut 2, 3 1/4 x 7
- Colored cardstock (this invitation used Pool Party from Stampin' Up) - 4 15/16 x 7
- Black cardstock - 6 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Half-back pearl
- Background die - I combined Swirling Grace and Victorian Crosses from Spellbinders
- Border die - I used Gemini Dies from Creative Expressions
- Adhesive - I used Tombow mono liquid glue