- Measure the space you will be using. Measure all of it including doorways and wall height. If you are like me, I want to use every inch of space that I have.
- Make of two lists – must haves and nice to haves. This way you know what could be given up if needed.
- Get some graph paper or use a computer program and start mapping out your space starting with the must haves. I recommend drafting a few different layouts. Spend the time doing this because once you start on a particular layout, it will be very hard and costly to redesign and start over.
- Once you decide on a layout, look at images of other craft rooms using Google and Pinterest to get ideas and inspiration. Start collecting storage ideas that fits your space and needs – like to save pictures so I know what it should like.
- You are now ready – start with your nice to haves list and either build or buy or both. Don’t get inpatient – getting what you want sometimes takes time.
Monday, April 24, 2017
New Craft Space
I know it’s been awhile since my last post on marketing techniques that inspire me. I have been working towards my MBA over the last couple years and am happy to say, I am almost done.
I will finish and graduate - with honors on June 2, 2017. The that I receive from the marketing committee has always been something that I have cherished. And now that inspiration is taking me on another journey.
During my time away from my marketing blog, I truly missed the creative outlet this afforded me and feel I need to explore other options for creativity. My passion for paper crafts has exploded. I have always enjoyed making cards and scrapbooks and now that I have little more time on my hands, I’m going to take all the marketing knowledge I have and start selling my creations.
Before I jump into this too fast, I need a work space. I have spent the last few months researching and designing a new craft space and think I have the perfect one! This is my journey of getting the space I have always dreamed of. Here's my inspiration:
Planning is the most important step. Since this could add up to be a sizeable investment (that means over $1,000 to me), having a space that allows to easily do what I want is very important. Here are some steps to consider:
I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I will share will you my final room layout when I finally decide on which one works for me.
I really like making this style of card. I like being able to decorate three sides of the card. These cards have a huge impact and are reall...
Hello fellow crafters! When my husband and I are able to take a vacation, we love going somewhere warm by the ocean. Since we live in the ...
Hello fellow stampers and card makers! I am in love with this technique! Doesn't the background look like tarnished metal? I think...
Hello fellow stampers and card markers! I hope everyone is having a great day. Personalized gifts are always special - to give and to get....