This card definitely has the "wow factor". The pop-up diorama along with the seahorses, fish, coral and shells really make this a special card. The style of card can be used with any theme - here's how you create the pop-up diorama.
- Cut the cardstock for the card base - 5 1/2 x 8
- Cut another piece of cardstock for the diorama - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
- Cut another piece 5 1/2 x 4 3/4 for the diorama insert
- Score diorama piece at 1/2, 4 1/4, and 4 3/4; score insert at 1/4 and 4 1/2
- Bernish score lines and fold to make a box.
- Glue back flap of diorama box to the outside of cardstock base - for this card, I wanted the lighter card base color to be the background of the diorama scene
- Glue the left small flap to card - tip: lay card completely flat and line up the flap to the fold line on the card base; close card and glued edge will be in the correct spot.
The pop-up diorama is created when the card is opened. From here, you can add as many die cut pieces and embellishments as you like to create your own scene.
I hope you give this fun fold a try - your friends and family will love it! If you would like to purchase this card, please visit my Etsy shop - you can also see all of my handmade creations.
Make today a crafty day!
Post a Comment