I really like making this style of card. I like being able to decorate three sides of the card. These cards have a huge impact and are really easy to make. I have tried a couple different ways to make to these cards and here is my favorite.
You will need:
- 3 - 4" squares of cardstock for the base
- 2 - 3 7/8" squares decorative paper for the outside
- 1 - 3 7/8" square decorative paper for the inside
- 1 - 3 7/8" square white cardstock - inside note and signature panel
- Embellishments - tags, die cuts, etc
Constructing the card:
- Score the base squares in half on the diagonal; fold and burnish
- Cut decorative squares and inside panel in half on the diagonal - you will have triangles
- To for the teepee or pyramid, place one square on work surface with the score line vertical; the piece will look like a diamond. Place the other base squares on each side of the diamond matching the top points and the edge of the square to the score line of the diamond. Glue squares together.
- Arrange the triangles to your liking and glue in place on the base - outside and inside
- To close the flap on the teepee, you can use Velcro dots or my preference is to cut a small slit and insert the tip of the flap to close. Do this measure up the from the tip of the base 2 1/8" and then cut a 3/4" slit horizontally starting at the score line. You will need to cut through the decorative layers and the base cardstock. Insert the tip of the flap and your card will stand up on its own.
- Use embellishments to decorate. I like to place a die cut over the close slit to hide.
When the card is unfolded, it will fit in a standard envelope. The card pictured actually fits in a larger envelope due to the embellishments.
I hope you give this card a try. If you would like to purchase this card, check out my shop here.
The products I used are from Stampin' Up and will be discontinued on June 2, 2020. If you would like to order, the products are listed below. Please use this Host Code when ordering: CGCB6Z76
Free as Bird stamp and die set bundle - #151123
Bird Ballad Designer paper - #149592
Post a Comment