Realistic wave - looks complicated; super easy to make.
I just love making this card and watching the recipients feel the wave almost like it's real. The layered stamp set from The Ton creates this realistic wave and color combinations are endless.
Here's what you need:
- Basic Black cardstock (Stampin Up): cut 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 (card base) and a layered piece - the size will depend on the size of the die cut wave layer
- Blue layer (retired Stampin Up): 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- Basic White (Stampin Up): scraps for tags, approximately 1/4 sheet for wave image, and 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 for inside
- Smoky Slate (Stampin Up) ink page
Stamp Sets - I like stretching my stamps sets by mixing and matching:
- Wave - The Ton
- Wave set - Stampin Up
To create the wave image, you will need three coordinating colors. Here's what I used to create this blue wave:
- 1st layer - I combined Balmy Blue and Pool Party (both from Stampin Up) to get the light aqua color
- 2nd layer - Pacific Point ink pad (Stampin Up)
- 3rd Layer - Night of Navy ink pad (Stampin Up:
Die - the dies I used are all from different sets - I liked coordinating the stitched edges:
- Stitched rectangle - My Favorite Things
- Sailing Away - Stampin Up
- Tasteful Labels - Stampin Up
Die cut all the stamped images and layer. Adhere down the inside layer and that is it! Super easy but looks like you spent hours. I hope you give this stamp set a try - just beautiful.
Make today a creative day!
Post a Comment